Proud Bhutanese








THE DREAM DEPARTMENT

Tangled (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)Writing is like staring into the clear screen of a television be it HD or Cathode-ray Tube. At first, nothing comes to you. You know that if you can figure out how to turn on the television, sounds and images will fill the screen. First, you have to locate an outlet, or an idea. This has been the most excruciating step for me to take in writing this note.

I searched and searched, but found nothing but blank, empty, dull walls that intended nothing to me. I sat in my apartment and looked in the order of the room in vain for some source of inspiration. This resulted in nothing but frustration and resentment at my inability to write. My eyes traveled time and time again back to the huge, blank TV screen, which is useless, considering I don’t have cable. Finally, it hit me. This was the perfect way to describe my difficulty in writing.

Now that I had found my outlet, I needed to find the missing cord: what connects this television metaphor to my writing. I began to map the way a television works onto the way my writing process works. Once I connected these two very different topics, I had turned on my idea. The idea came to life immediately. And as I might have wished, Love was the subject of my theme in writing.

As I gaze out my rear bedroom window I neglect to see the scenery all around my brown and beige swimming pool. I typically just think to myself, “ ah nothing different just the pool in the backyard.” When the seasons change I don’t observe the pool’s altering environment. I think I’ll now finally stop and admire some of the beauty and surroundings of my pool during the different seasons. While I sit here and stare out my back window, I notice the immaculately tall trees shading the dock and pool. The trees seem as if they are endless. It is almost like they reach the clouds. Soon the leaves will change to beautiful shades of orange and red. Eventually they will fall and cover everything below it. The trees are also homes to many others.

Suddenly a beautiful girl, she is tall, she is thin, and she has a pair of light- brown eyes. Also, she has long, blonde, and wavy hair. Furthermore, she has white skin; she has long - thin legs, delicate fingers, and beautiful arms. As she has white skin she has problems with the sun, however she is accustomed to that. This means that she can go to the beach, but she just has to use suns-screen. Yet she made it to the pool. I though I am very lucky to be glancing at her in her swimsuits. Suddenly a guy walks towards her before she began to swim. I closed my curtains and doze off into a sound sleep.

A couple in a clinch. The young man involved is named Tender. He is 23 years old, just graduated from Law school. Wearing jeans and sweat shirt.  He is kissing a young woman named Kelmo. She has a long straight hair that she irons. She’s about 20. The embrace is fairly melodramatic. They pull back to look at one another.

Kelmo – I love you

Tender – I love you

They begin to kiss again. A car pulls up right beside them, Stops.  Sits there.  Driving the car is Seldon. She is 21 years old. She is very pretty although not necessarily in an obvious way. She sits there waiting for the kiss to end. It doesn’t end. She clears her throat. They don’t hear her. She shifts position and accidently on purpose hits the car horn, which beeps and startles Kelmo and Tender into breaking off their clinch. Kelmo sees Seldon, and she and Tender move over to the car.

Kelmo – oh. Hi, Seldon. Seldon this is Tender. Tender this is Seldon.

Tender – nice to meet you. They shake hands.

While middle of my dream, I was almost convinced that Tender would become her husband. I enjoyed the twists that this story took. I was very surprised that it wasn't Kelmo, but the Seldon, who he married. In relationships, we sometimes find that waiting for the perfect someone we may find love along the way.

Seldon – what is it suppose to mean? I’m sorry, Tender. I know its New Year’s Eve and I know you’re feeling lonely, but you can’t just show up here and tell me you love me and expect that to make it all right. I mean, what am I supposed to say? Great, Tender, you love me, that settle everything, now we can waltz off into the sunset together? It doesn’t work this way.

Tender- well, how does it work?

Seldon – I don’t know, but not this way.

Tender –  I was thinking so much about that earlier tonight, I am getting butterflies in my stomach just at the thought of seeing you again On "Skype" the only Bridge that connects me to you. You make everything complete and I can't imagine spending time with someone else and having these feelings for anyone else. I'm anxious to see you again Dear. Time is ticking, and it's going by really slow. It takes a sweetness of yours to make me smile with no reason, I am proud of you that you even made my smile wider :)

You are what I dreamed of when I was a little boy, someone with integrity, honesty, love, affection, sweet, and with such a charming personality as u did said. I never thought I would find someone like you, but here you are. luck may someone call it, co-incidence some might claim but for me its like the few rain drops of early monsoon that poured on my chest and evaporated with warmth of Heart, suddenly, unknowingly and surprisingly.

I love that you get cold when it rains outside. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to wake up. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend time with you I doze of soundly. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I come on-line because when you realize you want to spend time with somebody you cherish, you want the rest of the world sing to your heartbeat as soon as possible.

Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable and It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other Heaven or On-line.. they chat holding each other, but we chat feeling each other ! I am to lucky to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Seldon – see, that’s just like you, Tender. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you.  (Almost in tears) and I hate you. I hate you, Tender I hate you. She starts to cry. Tender puts his arms around her. They kiss. A long kiss. They go on kissing. A soft saxophone music by Keeny G, As time goes by.. Continues in the background.

Tender - my whole life I have never known what this music means.
Seldon – I know exactly what you mean.

Tender – I mean, I don’t really know. But now I think I know.

Seldon – maybe you’re just supposed to know it from me. Anyways, let it be. They start to kiss again.

Tender – the first time we met we hated each other.

Seldon – You didn’t hate me, I hated you. The second time we met you didn’t even remember me.

Tender – I did, I remembered you. The third time we met we became friends.

Seldon – we were friends for a long time.

Tender – and then we weren’t

Seldon – and then we fell in love.

Music continues but it was so loud that, I woke up from my dream and saw the girl in swimsuit had already left. Arrr…

To Be Continued....

Toy Story 3

No comments:

Post a Comment